The loss of someone dear to us is heartbreaking and devastating. It is one of the occurrences one should never witness but it is inevitable.
Prayer is the master key to everything in life. Prayer for the departed soul can make you feel at peace and would heal you in the time of mourning and grief. It also helps you to be closer to God.
Remembering our loved ones who have passed away is a way of showing our undying love to them. It is a sign to them that we will never forget them. That’s why we also pray for them. These prayers for the departed soul also give us comfort and peace of mind. It is an assurance that God answers prayers.
Prayers of remembrance and thanksgiving could be the highest expression of your love for them, committing them to the hands of the Lord their creator in eternity. Even though you loved them and you would wish they never departed yet God loves them the most.
Prayers Of Remembrance For the Dead
1. Heavenly Father, we thank you for the gift of life and your love over our lives. Father, we pray that by your mercies you grant the soul of whose death we are remembering a place of tranquillity and a peaceful rest in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
2. Dear God, we exalt your name and pray for the dead as we remember them and all the impact they have had on our lives and those around them. Father heal the hearts of those still grieving and may the souls of the dead find eternal peace.
3. Heavenly Father, we come to your presence and we ask for grace and mercy for the soul of the dead. Father let the soul of the dead find rest and solace in your arms. We also pray for the lives mourning their death, we pray that they find comfort and peace in the memories of the dead.
4. Gracious Father, I pray that the souls of the dead find everlasting love in your kingdom. Help the families of the dead find comfort and peace knowing that the soul of the dead is resting in heaven.
5. Lord, I humbly pray for the souls of the dead, forgive all the sins they have committed here on earth, and let them be among those who will transition to heaven and live with you forever.
6. Dear Father, we lift (name of the deceased) in prayers, we ask that you show their souls the fullness of peace, love, and grace. Father help the family of the deceased know that they are not alone and you are with them at every step of the way.
7. Father, I come before you today in remembrance of the deceased with a heavy heart. Help the soul of the dead reach her place of destination and May the soul find everlasting peace and rest.
8. Heavenly Father, we pray for the souls of the dead that you grant their souls tranquillity and rest as they journey into paradise. Father, we also pray for the lives of the family that they never experience such an occurrence again, and may their lives reflect your glory.
9. Father, we thank you for our lives and all that you have done for us. As we bid Goodbye to the dead today, let their souls find utmost peace and let those mourning them find comfort in the memories they have shared
10. We’re saddened knowing that we will never get to see our partner again. We pray that the path of your journey leads you to paradise to be in the solace of God’s arms for eternity. Amen
Related topic: comforting words on the anniversary of death
Short Memorial Prayer
11. Dear God, we lift our brother in prayers as we remember them today. He lived a life worth emulating and would forever be remembered. We pray the soul of the deceased finds eternal peace even as we remember them today. Amen
12. Gracious father, the giver of hope and strength. Give us the strength to be brave in the remembrance of our beloved lost soul. We ask that you comfort us from our griefs and may the soul of the dead continue to rest in perfect peace.
13. Heavenly Father, the giver of life, we thank you for our lives and the lives of everyone gathered to celebrate the life of a phenomenal soul. We all know heaven is our home for eternity and we are just passers-by here on earth. We pray that the soul of the dead enjoys peace there in heaven and that one day we will meet and glory in God’s name. Amen
14. Father, we come before you today as we honor the life of Mr. Rick We loved the deceased but we know you love him more. Comfort our hearts and help us find peace in the memories we have of him and may his soul find eternal peace. Amen.
15. Dear lord, we thank you for our lives and your unconditional love. We rejoice today as we celebrate the life of our beloved late Mr. Jack for living a great life and we are saddened that he left us so soon. We pray that his soul finds peace in heaven.
16. Father in heaven, our hearts are burdened by the loss of our dearly beloved. Comfort us with the assurance that the soul of the dead is resting in paradise. Amen.
17. Lord, we thank you for the life of Mrs. Eunice and for welcoming him home into your presence. We pray that he stays with you till eternity and that his soul enjoys eternal peace. Help us to hold the memories we have of him so dear to our hearts. Amen.
18. O God, the life of the lost soul was so dear to our heart and we cherished every moment spent with him. Our hearts are always with him because he lived a good life. Help us in this time of grief and comfort our hearts. Amen.
19. Father, you know the time of our birth and the time of our death. As we are gathered here to celebrate the life of our friend. We pray that you continue to preserve the lives of those still alive and may the souls of the dead continue to rest in your abode. Amen.
20. Father, we ask that you welcome the soul of our brother into your presence, let his soul rest in eternal peace, and may the memories we have of the dead never fade away from our hearts.
Related topic: prayers for the dead
Short Remembrance Day Prayer
21. You have left us alone in this world without looking back. We pray that you are resting in paradise in God’s arms because that’s the only place you deserve to be.
22. Your death has transformed our lives in ways we didn’t expect, nevertheless, we still miss you and the memories we have of you are still fresh in our hearts. We pray that God grants you eternal happiness and your soul is kept safe in heaven. Amen.
23. We are fortunate to have lived life with you and it saddens our hearts on your departure of no return. Father, we pray that all your good deeds are rewarded in heaven and your gentle soul finds tranquillity in paradise. Amen.
24. O God, we are here today because of the departure of our beloved, who we cherish even after death. We pray that you heal and comfort the hearts of those still weary about the death and may the soul of the dead continue to enjoy the comfort of your arms. Amen
25. The remembrance of our father breaks our hearts and it reminds us of all the moments we have shared with the dead while he was alive. Father, we pray that the soul of the dead finds happiness and tranquillity. Amen
26. His soul was full of potential and it hurts that he/she left us so soon. His legacy will never be forgotten and we will continue the good work he/ she has started. Father, I pray that he is rewarded in heaven, and may he find undiluted peace in the bosom of the Lord.
27. Father, we pray for the souls of those who have sacrificed their lives for the betterment of the lives around them and society. I pray that their souls are rewarded in heaven with eternal peace and everlasting happiness. Amen
28. O Lord, grant the souls of those we are remembering today eternal peace. They strived for peace to reign in their homes and everywhere they found themselves. Lord comfort the families of the deceased, let peace never cease in their lives.
29. Father on this remembrance day, we pray for the soul of the departed, whose impact will never be forgotten. He inspired and motivated us to be a better version of ourselves and we are eternally grateful. We pray that his soul sleeps in peace and eternal light.
30. On this remembrance day, we show our gratitude for all the deceased have done in our lives and that of many. We appreciate his effort and everything he did in his lifetime. We pray that his soul finds happiness in God’s kingdom. Amen.
Related topic: Thank you for your sympathy messages
Remembrance Day Prayer
31. Knowing the deceased has benefited my life in numerous ways and I am eternally grateful for all his impacts and efforts in my life. I pray that on this remembrance day, his soul continues to rest in your perfect peace. Amen.
32. Remembrance Day is a day to remember the souls of the departed and show them that they forever remain in our hearts. We also pray for them that their souls will not wander around and they will be under the care and comfort of God’s kingdom.
33. Today is a day to honor and show gratitude to the souls of those who have departed us but in their lifetime they have made a huge impact in our lives and have been a catalyst to our success. We pray for them today their souls will be in the bosom of God’s love.
34. It is always good to remember the death of our loved ones and celebrate them. On this day we pray that you continue to enjoy the goodness of God in heaven and may your soul find eternal light.
35. Father in heaven, thank you for our lives and for protecting us. We thank you for the souls of the departed, we pray on this day that the souls of the departed continue to sleep in eternal peace.
36. It saddens our hearts that an iconic soul is gone. He was a great person who sacrificed all he had for the people. On this day, we appreciate him and honor all he has done for the growth and development of all the youths present here. We pray that his legacy will never be forgotten and his soul should find everlasting happiness and peace. Amen.
37. Your death has been the saddest thing to happen to us. We miss you so much, and it hurts knowing that we will never get to hold you or touch you. We pray that you are happy over there in heaven. Amen
38. We are most fortunate to have you as our family. You taught us all we need to know about life and its challenges and it has helped, especially me, attain the position I hold now. We are celebrating your passing but your legacy still lives on. I pray that your gentle soul continues to rest.
39. Your departure from this earthly realm has left an indelible mark on our lives. Our world has been full of darkness and sadness because you were our joy and our light. On this day, we want you to know that you will forever live in our hearts and I pray that your soul finds perfect peace in God’s dwelling.
40. Having to say goodbye to you is one of the most difficult things to do. I wish and hope every day that you are still here with me. I pray this day that we find peace knowing that you have gone to rest with your creator.
Prayer Of Remembrance For Loved One
41. Thank you, Lord, for allowing each one of us to gather here in memory of our beloved who has gone to be the Lord. We pray that the family of the deceased heal from their grief and may the mercies of the Lord be with the departed soul. Amen
42. Father in heaven, we exalt your name. We all gathered here to remember our beloved who meant a lot to everyone here. We pray that his soul finds eternal peace in the garden of heaven.
43. Heavenly Father, we come before you today to thank you for the life your son lived before his death. He was faithful and committed to you in all of his ways. Lord, we pray that you forgive all of his sins and may the gates of heaven be open unto him.
44. Losing someone so precious to us has tremendously affected our lives and caused a lot of emotional breakdowns. We pray today that the Lord watches over the family of the deceased and strengthens them to overcome this pain. We also pray that the soul of the deceased continues to sleep in peace and eternal light.
45. O Lord, we come before you today to honor the dead who have immensely influenced our lives positively. We pray that he is rewarded for all his effort in heaven and may his soul find everlasting peace.
46. The demise of a loved one is truly one of the worst pains. You are a rare gem and an angel on earth. I know for sure that you are sitting with your creator, I pray that you forever enjoy happiness and eternal peace.
47. We are remembering Your departure today and it still feels like it happened yesterday because you are always in our minds and our thoughts. I pray that you get all the happiness you deserve even in your afterlife. Amen
48. We have been holding onto your memories because you are so dear to us. We assure you that you will forever linger in our hearts and I pray that the Lord welcomes you home with open arms. Amen.
49. It’s another time to grieve, celebrate, and relive your death. It’s devastating losing someone dear to us and to always remember it is heartbreaking. We celebrate you because you are free from the shackles and tribulations of the world and because you lived a great life. I pray that as you look down on us you will find peace and joy knowing that we love you and we will never forget you.
50. We can’t contend with God for taking you home sooner than expected but we pray that God has mercy on your soul, and when it is time for you to be accepted in heaven, the gates will be wide open for you.