Losing a loved one can be shocking and disturbing. The loss of a dead one without any foreseen cause leaves one in a state of shock. There’s no better way to bring peace to your heart than to say a goodbye short prayer for the dead. You can reverse the event but you can offer your prayers as you say goodbye to the bereaved.
Saying a prayer for the dead has its way of soothing the heart and bringing comfort. It is important in times of mourning and sadness to recall the truth of God’s love and faithfulness. Death has lost its sting, victory over death has been won by Jesus. If your loved one died a believer, then be glad because though he or she is dead physically, he or she lives on in Christ and the time will come when we will all be together, never to be separated.
You couldn’t have been here if you have not loved somebody so keen to you. My condolence and I pray that your heart be comforted. Below are goodbye prayers to offer for the dead.
Prayer Of Remembrance For The Dead
1. It’s been 7 years since he left us. My heart still aches. It is my prayer that he continues to rest in peace till we meet again. Every you left behind will never suffer loss.
2. Dear God, we lift (deceased name) family into your hands even as we remember and celebrate the good life he lived. We ask that continue to comfort his family and give them peace on all sides.
3. Please, bring comfort and peace to the family of (family surname). It’s been 7 years since Mr. (deceased) left and you have been faithful in taking care of his family. Thank you for your faithfulness over them forever.
4. Heavenly Father, we ask that you continue to watch over them. We ask that their hearts be continuously filled with joy and peace. I rebuke the spirit of sorrow over their home.
5. Lord, we ask that you keep providing this family with peace and comfort. Give them the courage to overcome all turmoil even as we remember their loved one this day.
6. Thank you Lord for the life he lived. He always lived to please you and we are certain that you are pleased with him. May his soul continue to rest in peace.
7. Dear God, please guide my friend toward a fulfilling relationship with you. Help him overcome this pain. We know his mom is with you, watching over him.
8. This day we remember our loved ones who left us 2 years ago. It’s not been easy accepting that we will not see her anymore. We are grateful for how much you revealed yourself through her while she was alive. Thank you, Lord.
9. Thank you for the life they lived. They were like parents to me, they always looked out for me and loved me unconditionally. May their souls continue to rest in perfect peace.
10. I know they are somewhere much better than here and that is comforting enough for me. All I ask is that you help me overcome this pain.
Short Prayer For The Dead
To further extend your good heart to the deceased, this is a goodbye short prayer for the dead:
11. Thank you Lord for a life well lived. Thank you for preserving His soul while he was alive. The impact he made will never be forgotten. May his memory be blessed.
12. I have many happy memories of him. I pray that even in his death, his legacy continues to speak for him.
13. Into your hands we commit the soul of the dead this day. We ask that his soul rests in perfect peace.
14. Dear God, we lift (name) in prayer as we remember his life and the impact he had on those around him. We ask that you grant him rest.
15. Heavenly Father, please hear this prayer for the dead and provide these souls with your abundance of love as they enter your heavenly kingdom.
16. Help the families of the deceased dear Lord. We ask that you help the deceased on this journey into eternal life.
17. I humbly ask that you hear my prayer and help the soul of my loved one transition into your heavenly realm.
18. Dear Lord, please bring (deceased name) into your loving arms and grant him/her peace and rest.
19. May they feel your presence and know the fullness of your love and grace. In your precious name, we pray. Amen.
20. I ask that you allow his soul to bask in the light of your grace and mercy. Amen.
Related thought: comforting words for death anniversary
Prayer For The Soul To Rest In Peace
21. She was a good woman. She always brought smiles to the faces of those around her. We pray that her soul rests in peace.
22. Grant them eternal rest, O Lord. May their souls rest in peace even as they have lived well and imparted many lives.
23. As we grieve and get used to life without them, we ask that you comfort us and that their souls rest in peace. Grant us the grace to live well while alive.
24. The life your mother led would have pleased God. I pray that your mother will one day be with you in heaven. Please, Grant her peace and rest.
25. I wish you love, peace, and strength. You deserve all this! We appreciate you for sharing your mom with us, and we pray that she rests perfectly in Christ.
26. God’s peace is your perpetual peace. Your mother always welcomed us with joy and affection. Provide her soul with your abundance of love even as she has gone to be with you. We pray for peace and rest for her soul even as she journeys’ into eternity.
27. She will be sorely missed. I treasure the times we spent together, and I’m hoping that the love she left behind will help to console and strengthen you. May her soul find rest and perfect peace in Christ.
28. Our family absorbed his morals, life lessons, and aspirations. So many people’s lives were impacted by him. Lord, grant him peace and rest. Amen.
29. Into your able hands do we commit his soul. We ask that you wrap him in your embrace. Give him the peace and rest he never had in his lifetime. Amen.
30. A devoted and thoughtful mother has passed away. We say goodbye to her with sorrowful hearts. May she rest in Christ where there is sorrow forever.
Prayer For Death Of A Loved One
31. Heavenly Father, we ask for your mercy and Grace for (name)’s soul as he/she begins the journey to eternity. Amen.
32. Lord, we come to you with a heavy heart, and we pray for the soul of the deceased. We ask that you bring him/her into your loving arms.
33. May the soul of (deceased name) find peace and rest, and enjoy the fullness of your presence and the promise of eternal life with you.
34. We come before you with heavy hearts, remembering our dear [name] who has passed from this life into eternal rest. Help him/her rest in peace.
35. We ask for your mercy and grace for her, and all the faithful departed. May they rest in peace and enjoy the fullness of your love and presence.
36. We thank you, Lord, for the passing of our brother. We can thank you because he lived and good life and we are certain his name is in the Book of Life.
37. Dear God, we lift [name] in prayer as we remember their life and the impact they had on those around them. Please bring comfort and peace to those who mourn their loss, and may they find hope in your loving presence and the promise of eternal life. Amen.
38. Thank you for the life they lived. Please, bring comfort and peace to those who mourn their loss, and may they find hope in your loving presence. Amen.
39. We pray that everlasting life be given unto him/her. Cause your Glory to radiate upon him/her as they rest in your bosom eternally.
40. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let your light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Love always, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Prayers Of Remembrance And Thanksgiving
41. Even as we remember our brother today, we are also grateful for the wonderful life he lived. Give him peace in his eternal rest.
42. Father, as we remember the life of the deceased and the love he/she shared with those around them, we can only say thank you for a well-lived life. Accept our thanks, Lord, amen.
43. It’s always hard to say goodbye to our dead loved ones. Even as we remember the deceased, we say thank you for saving us and giving us eternal life through your Son, Jesus.
44. Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of this special person, whom we all remember so fondly, but who is now at rest in your loving embrace.
45. Thank you for their life and the many happy memories that we all share. We ask that they continue to rest in perfect peace in your embrace.
46. It is our prayer that you uplift and care for as many of us who are still hurt by the death of the deceased. Thank you because this mourning will pass away, and joy will come.
47. Dear Lord, help us to accept this separation for it is only for a while. We are grateful that we will meet with him again and never have to be separated.
48. Thank you that the brief night of weeping will pass very quickly, and we will all be rejoicing in your presence on that glorious morning when we will all be reunited in the hope that is set before us. In Jesus’ name, we pray, amen.
49. Compassionate and gracious God, I lift the family and friends of the deceased to you. Thank you for always caring for them, and thank you for wrapping your arms of love around them. Touch them with your mighty hand and help them to find healing in you.
50. We loved him, and we still love him dearly. We thank you for seeing it fit to place him into our lives. Thank you for the times we shared with him, those memories will forever be cherished.
Prayer For The Dead Bible Verse
51. Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
52. Psalm 146:4
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day, his thoughts perish.
53. James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
54. Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
55. Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
56. Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
57. 1 Corinthians 15:29
Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
58. Romans 14:8
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.
59. Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
60. 2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.